Thursday, September 21, 2017

Uplifting stories

If I could research any topic in the early childhood field, what would I research?  I have a few topics that are near and dear to my hear. One would be autism research. What causes autism, what are the best ways to raise awareness, and acceptance.  The second is my current topic, what are the best methods to teach children that have experience trauma, and how best to work with the family.  What I image the outcomes to be is a better understand of autism, and better teaching methods to work with at risk children to help them see that they don't have to live like this, they can choose to stop the cycle and have better lives.

Image result for autism awareness

1 comment:

  1. I think people need to learn more about autism, and how unique the children are. I say a video on TedTalk by Wendy Chung about Autism and what we need to know about (https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_chung_autism_what_we_know_and_what_we_don_t_know_yet) I was so inspiring and made me want to know more. Becoming a teacher, we need to understand autism and know how to teach students with autism and their classmates on how to interact with them. Great post.

    ReplyDelete