Saturday, October 7, 2017

Research around the world

For this assignment I chose the Early Childhood Development Virtual University (ECDVU) Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).  From the link I learned  that  some of the research conducted internationally are similar to what is being conducted in the states. In the United States, we hear about leadership training for those in the field and how to get parents more involved.  http://www.ecdvu.org/ssa/major_reports.php, I saw several research projects with similar topics.  "Involving fathers in early childhood care and education." "Leadership Skills Training for Administration and Parent Support Training for Caregivers," and "Improving the Quality of Childcare Through Parenting Enrichment and Training of Trainers: The Eritrean Model." I was surprised by the similarities that I found. All around the world people want quality early childhood programs with well trained staff and families that are involved.
 I also found a few that I think are unique to the area that the research is done in.  There are several about utilizing indigenous stories, culture,and knowledge into early childhood programs. I think that this is important for everyone to know their heritage and be able to celebrate their culture and who they are. 


http://www.ecdvu.org/ssa/major_reports.php

http://www.ecdvu.org/ssa/index.php


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kaleena, I enjoyed reading your blog. I also think it is important for children to celebrate and learn about their culture. I always find ways to in cooperate families in my classroom by asking families to share favorite traditions, books or foods. It's a good way to build relationships with families. Katisa Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaleena, great post, so short but very informative and clear. This website is very good to help parents be involved in their children's education life.

    ReplyDelete