Saturday, July 15, 2017

Sharing Web Resources

Image result for educational diversity                                    


 I chose the Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI). Their goal  is to work for education of all children with a focus on the most fragile and vulnerable children, (ACEI, n.a).   I love their mission statement. Our mission is to promote innovative solutions to education challenges and inspire action that creates positive, sustainable futures for children and youth worldwide," (ACEI, n.a.). They have three programs that help meet their goal and mission statement. They are Center for Educational Diplomacy, Global Schools First,  and Innovative Exchange. 
The Center for Educational Diplomacy uses education as a way to promote peace, prosperity, and changes. Global Schools First, seeks "education that empowers learners to value national, social, racial, cultural, and religious differences while embracing our common humanity. To prepare children to be dedicated stewards of an increasingly interconnected world, global citizenship education must be placed at the center of learning," (Global Schools First, n.a.).  I absolutely love this statement!  The third program, is Innovative Exchange.  The Innovative Exchange says that learning and innovation go hand in hand. This programs seeks to share knowledge and thought with educators around the world. 

I am interested in learning more about the Global Schools First program, it sounds like this would be a great resource to learn more about diversity and appropriate strategies.  I am excited to dig in. 

links are posted below. 



Image result for educational diversity


http://www.acei.org/about/
http://www.acei.org/global-schools-first
http://www.acei.org/innovation-exchange
http://www.educationdiplomacy.org/




8 comments:

  1. Kaleena this organization mission statement is wonderful. Please keep me informed about the Global School First Program. I think this whole organization will have nothing but positive results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katisa, I agree, this looks like a great program and I am excited to see what all I learn.

      Delete
  2. Kaleena, I love the mission statement as well. ACEI seems especially forward thinking in that their goals mention “sustainable futures.” I’m interested in the quote that seems so inclusive, the Global Schools First statement that seeks for students to “value national, social, racial, cultural, and religious differences while embracing our common humanity.” It seems to dovetail well with our discussion this week on diversity and changing demographics and is a mission statement that all education should strive for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I thought the same thing, this relates to our discussions and the application for this week. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kaleena. The Global Schools First program sounds like a very valuable resource to follow and learn from. I will certainly explore the links you provided and get more information.

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannette, Thanks for your feedback. I agree, it does sound like a great resource.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kaleena,
    I love ACEI's mission statement because they are working to help inspire and challenge children all over the world by finding different ways to educate them. Great Post!!!!
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I am also SUPER interested to learn more about Global Schools First. I will research it on my own, but I am glad you chose it for your website so I can use you as a resource too :) It sounds so amazing in its mission to connect worldwide... learning and utilizing information about different cultures is utterly fascinating, and will only make all the childhood fields stronger, more accessible, and steadfast.

    ReplyDelete