Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sharing Web Resources part 2


Last time, I researched Global School First, and this week I looked into Innovations Exchange from the Associations of Childhood Education International. "Today’s education innovation movement believes that a quality education should also promote better health, democratic participation, gender equality, and environmental sustainability—leading us to a more peaceful, prosperous world. As we move further into the 21st century, we must move toward a new standard of global education that puts this ambitious belief into practice," (acei, n.d., par.2). 
The innovation Exchange strives to be the first resource for teachers looking for new ideas and approaches in education. 
I find this helpful to me as I am moving from being a preschool teacher to a kindergarten teacher. I want to know what is the current and best practice, and gain new ideas with what to do with my classroom. 
I think this ties in with our study about how economist, neuroscientists, and politicians fit into the early childhood field, because it is something new and innovating in the field. 
"We reach a global audience working to create positive, sustainable futures for children and youth by developing and seeking out innovative solutions to education challenges," (acei, n.d., par. 5). Could the economists' view be an innovating solution to education challenges? This is a new idea that I have never thought of. 

Image result for innovation images
References
ACEI. (n.d.). Innovation Exchange. Retrieved from http://www.acei.org/innovation-exchange/

image from google images


5 comments:

  1. Hi Kaleena,
    Aren't the words, peaceful and prosperous, simply beautiful. Thank you for bringing "Associations of Childhood Education International" to the forefront this week. An initiative seeking global education is an unbelievably huge undertaking but so worthwhile. When educators speak of ensuring a high quality education for every child, are we truly encompassing every child globally? Are we genuinely willing to meet every culture, every Nation, and every child where they are at today? I believe we can. Your post has given me much to think and consider in regards to my own goals, both personally and professionally. Thank you, Kaleena.
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynnette, thank you for your words. I love this organization as well and I am learning so much from exploring parts of it every week.

      Delete
  2. Hello Kaleena
    Here is wonderful resource material that enhances global education and high quality education for all children. I believe this organization can help bring important sector of views that everyone involved in this study should relate to. It promotes all of the resources that are happening today when it comes to quality, affordable, education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Densise, I agree that this organization is a great resource and I am hoping to become a member soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I love that you shared a resource for new ideas! I love the mindset that things are ever-changing and we must never get stuck in rigidity. We can learn so much, as professionals, from each other's viewpoints and experiences. I love the idea of teachers working together to constantly create and be innovative. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete