Saturday, October 28, 2017

When I think of Research

Image result for children and drugs


  • Why is your simulation important to the field of early childhood?
               My simulation is about what teaching methods are best to use when working with children affected by drug abuse.  This topic is important to the field of early childhood because drug addiction is a growing problem that many faces in our country.  Children are often caught in the middle and are behind their peers, academically, socially, and emotionally.  We need to find effective teaching methods to help these children catch up, learn to cope, and develop executive function and end the cycle of drug abuse. 

  • If you were to conduct your simulation proposal, who would benefit
               Teachers, students, social services, and communities would all benefit from this study for the reasons that I stated above. 
  • What are some of the ways your perceptions of an early childhood professional have been modified as a result of this
                       My perceptions have not changed about early childhood professionals. 





4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I am fascinated by your simulation topic. If you read my comment, I would love to hear your hypothesis. Are you talking about the children abusing drugs, or children exposed to drug abuse (like if their family members do it)? This is really really fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandria, Thank you for your interest in my simulation. I am talking about children exposed to drug abuse by a family member. My research question is what methods are best for teaching/working with children who are affected by drug abuse in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great research simulation, It sounds so interesting and beneficial for early childhood education. Yes, it is sad that children have to face the consequence of their parent's issues. Thank you for a wonderful 8 weeks.. Good luck with your masters journey...

    ReplyDelete