Saturday, November 11, 2017

My Family Culture

A catastrophe has hit and I can only take three items that represent my family. What would I take?  The first that I think of is a 4x6 family photo.  My second item would be the Bible that my grandma gave me when I was in high school. The third item is a plaque of all six of our handprints that we hang in the living room. We made this shortly after my husband and I got married to show that we are one family.
How do these show my family culture? Family is very important to me whcih is why  I chose the family photo. I want to remember the happy times, remember how blessed we are to still be together, and remember when my kids were little. I don't know how well my phone would be working, if I still had access to the photos on it, so I want to have a hard copy.   The second item, my Bible, is important to me. This is not the Bible that I currently use, but this is the Bible that my grandma gave me after I was saved.  It reminds me of her, her faith, my faith, and how God will never leave me. The third goes along with the first,  that family is important and it is important for us to remember that no matter what we are a family.
If I was told that I could only keep one, I would be sad to have to give up two of my items, but I know what choice I would make.  The picture and the sign are important, but we can make another. My Bible with a personal message from my grandmother is irreplaceable and depending on the country maybe be illegal and unable to even get another Bible. 
My faith and my family are extremely important to me and this assignment proves that even more.

 my kids and family
my great grandma, my mammaw, mom, and me

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kaleena,
    After reading about what you would take I have to say that I pick one out of the three that you would take. I said that I would take pictures of my family too. I like that you would take a bible that your grandma gave you when you where in high school. Your pictures of you family are very beautiful. I agree with you that family is very important and there is not thing that I wouldn't do for my family. You are right you would have to have a hard copy of the photo because you never know if you cell phone would work or if you would even have it. Great job thank you sharing your pictures of you family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kaleena
    as i read your blog, I felt as if i was reading my own. I too would not leave without photos of my family. They are my everything. I love that you too would take a bible, because in my case, I grew up learning to read the bible with my mom and siblings. It is something we would do on most days especially Sunday. I even had a miniature version of the bible in my knapsack to school. Family culture is an important aspect of who we are and we should always treasure them.Thanks for a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janelle, that sounds like a wonderful memory. We have a Veggie Tale devotional that I do in the mornings with my kids, but I need to actually read the Bible with them more. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete